Are banks closed on New Years Day 2023? Yes.
Monday, January 2, 2023, banks in the United States will be closed in observance of the New Year’s Day holiday.
It’s that time of year again — the end of one year and the start of another. You might want to drop by your bank before the ball drops. New Year’s Day is a standard Federal Reserve bank holiday, most if not all banks will be closed. This means that if you need to do any banking on that day, you’ll need to plan ahead.
If you need to make a deposit, withdraw money, or complete any other banking transactions, you’ll need to do so before the holiday. Many banks have extended hours the day before a holiday, so you may be able to get your banking done on Saturday, December 31, 2022. Or, you can use an ATM or online banking to access your accounts.
It’s always a good idea to plan ahead and make sure you have enough cash on hand to get through the holiday. This is especially important if you rely on direct deposit for your income, as you may not have access to your funds on New Year’s Day.
If you have any important banking deadlines coming up, it’s also a good idea to take care of them before the holiday. This will ensure that you don’t miss any important payments or deadlines due to the bank being closed.
Make sure to plan ahead and take care of any transactions before the holiday. Otherwise, you may need to wait until the bank reopens on Tuesday, January 3 to complete any banking.
Banks Open on New Year’s Eve 2023
- Bank of America: Normal banking hours
- BB&T: Is open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Capital One: Normal banking hours
- Chase: Bank opens 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Citizens Bank: Bank opens 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fifth Third Bank: Bank opens 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- People’s United: Bank opens 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- PNC Bank: Most branches open 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- SunTrust: Normal banking hours
- TD Bank: Most branches open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wells Fargo: Bank opens 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.